Metavibes

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Not route to google

Am I the only one finding google inaccessible this morning in Pune, India today? I can't ping www.google.com. Other sites are accessible. Pings to gmail.com are fine, but http redirects to gmail.google.com, which is not accessible. Traceroute reveals that there is no route beyond 209.85.254.245, and this seems to belong to google (from whois). Friends from elsewhere in world say they can access google fine.

A friend first reported this yesterday night - he couldn't access gmail - it would hang after authentication phase, and at that time things were fine.

I should say I had to switch to alternate search engines for first time in last few years for standard searches.

In increased globalization, I guess one has to cope with a minor problem in a big infrastructure affecting minority set of people while rest of the world goes humming as usual.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home