Metavibes

Monday, December 24, 2007

Mind hacks - 2: Dreams and reality

I had an interesting dream couple of days back. There was a sort of discussion with a technical person and the person asked me what was "squip". I said he probably meant squid a proxy/caching solution for web servers. The person insisted that he is asking about "squip" only. I gave up, and eventually came out of dream. Luckily for me, the question persisted after the dream, and the first thing I did after getting up from sleep was to google it.

So I find this interesting meme of a fictional pill containing a supercomputer and helping you make decisions, giving advance information and so on. This was part of marketing campaign of a book called "Be more chill" targeted at high-school teens. As part of viral campaign, the author setup a host of websites centered around squip culture, and pretty successful at that. I can't relate to this at all. I find nothing in my experience which would warrant awareness of this, except may be a remote connection that I am writing on mind hacks.

So one explanation is that mind keeps tapping the unmanist, which is part of collective conscious. I keep hearing of things are revealed in dreams, or in a specific moments of flash in certain mental states. Take for example, this article. (Disclaimer: I read it in web, and so no recommendations of authenticity. I have little idea about that organization.) People talk about things "flowing" just like that without having planned for it. More so with creative people in music and arts.

There is one correlation with "Squip" in spiritual themes: To let go of personal "self" or "mind" to your Guru or God, and let him drive it. It needn't be a real person, doesn't have to have association with a spiritual organization or culture. You can just feel you are part of totality - as if everything is one big organism, which has responsibility to sustain everything, and so you can be driven by it. In the process, the relaxed mind would surely allow more of the unmanifest, and hence a kind of ease of flow with life. Most so-called enlightened people claim this state of mind.

Universe acting as totality is an extension to the model we discussed in mind hacks blog post. This also throws up interesting questions (theme of my next post in series): Is there such a thing as ultimate boss in universe called God? What do we really mean when we say we experience something? What is the role of experience in understanding of reality?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home